Idaho bat hibernation cave closure status: Open May 1st.
Here is a list of Shoshone District BLM cave closures
Oregon bat hibernation cave closure status: Open April 1st.
Find news and information about White Nose Syndrome in bats here
Cavers, Caving, and Cave Related Stuff
Welcome to the Official Gem State Grotto Home Page.
We hope that you find some going leads as you visit our grotto on the Web.
The Gem State Grotto is an internal organization of the
National Speleological Society.
The Grotto believes in careful preservation and conservation of cave resources.
Here is The NSS Conservation Policy
* * * What We Are All About * * *
The Gem State Grotto is a casual collection of individuals interested in the exploration of
caves, promoting and teaching conservation, protection and restoration through participation.
The grotto is a resource of experience, opportunity and support, promoting growth, responsibility
and safety through friendship, fun and adventure. The grotto is a fellowship, we are stewards of
a fragile resource.
Board Members :
- Chair : Jeff Wurst, chair at gemstategrotto dot org
- Vice-Chair : Randy Vance, vicechair at gemstategrotto dot org
- Secretary / Treasurer : Bob Straub, secretary at gemstategrotto dot org
Appointed Officers :
- BLM Liason : Dixie Lair, dixie dot lair at gmail dot com
- Conservation Officer : Robi Hathorn, robih at clearwire dot net
- Forest Service Liason :
- Librarian : Bob Straub, bhstraub at msn dot com
- Newsletter Editor : Sonia Larabee, editor at gemstategrotto dot org
- Presentation Coordinator : Randy Vance, chair at gemstategrotto dot org
- Quartermaster : Bob Straub, bhstraub at msn dot com
- Training Coordinator : Bob Straub, bhstraub at msn dot com
- Trip Coordinator : Jennifer Babione, idahocaver at gemstategrotto dot org
- New Member Coordinator :
The general meeting is held the third Wednesday every other month, starting January at 7:00 PM,
at Idaho Pizza Company on Fairview, Boise, Idaho.
Membership in the Gem State Grotto is open to any interested person.
Annual dues are $15.00 for individual or family.
Members are required to join the National Speleological Society within 1 year in order to be a full voting member of the Grotto.
Gem State Grotto - P.O. Box 1334 - Boise, Idaho 83701
[ Conservation |
Last Modified : April 3, 2016
Send any comments, questions, or suggestions to :
Sidewayscaver at gmail dot com
Cave On ...