Idaho bat hibernation cave closure status: Caves are open.
Here is a list of Shoshone District BLM cave closures
Oregon bat hibernation cave closure status: Caves are open.
Find news and information about White Nose Syndrome in bats here
Cavers, Caving, and Cave Related Stuff
Welcome to the Official Gem State Grotto Home Page.
We hope that you find some going leads as you visit our grotto on the Web.
The Gem State Grotto is an internal organization of the
National Speleological Society.
The Grotto believes in careful preservation and conservation of cave resources.
Here is The NSS Conservation Policy
* * * What We Are All About * * *
The Gem State Grotto is a casual collection of individuals interested in the exploration of
caves, promoting and teaching conservation, protection and restoration through participation.
The grotto is a resource of experience, opportunity and support, promoting growth, responsibility
and safety through friendship, fun and adventure. The grotto is a fellowship, we are stewards of
a fragile resource.
Board Members :
- Chair : Sam Lair, Sideways at gemstategrotto dot org
- Vice-Chair : Bob Straub, bhstraub at msn dot com
- Secretary / Treasurer : Chris Curtis, idsoundman at yahoo dot com
Appointed Officers :
- BLM Liason : Dixie Lair, dixie dot lair at gmail dot com
- Conservation Officer : Robi Hathorn, robih at clearwire dot net
- Forest Service Liason :
- Librarian : Bob Straub, bhstraub at msn dot com
- Newsletter Editor : Sonia Larabee, editor at gemstategrotto dot org
- Presentation Coordinator :
- Quartermaster : Bob Straub, bhstraub at msn dot com
- Training Coordinator : Bob Straub, bhstraub at msn dot com
- Trip Coordinator : Jennifer Babione, idahocaver at gemstategrotto dot org
- New Member Coordinator :
The general meeting is held the third Wednesday of each month (except December) at 7:00 PM
at Sockeye Grill & Brewery, 3019 N. Cole Rd, Boise, Idaho.
Membership in the Gem State Grotto is open to any interested person.
Annual dues are $15.00 for individual or family.
Members are required to join the National Speleological Society within 1 year in order to be a full voting member of the Grotto.
Gem State Grotto - P.O. Box 1334 - Boise, Idaho 83701
[ Conservation |
Last Modified : May 2, 2013
Send any comments, questions, or suggestions to :
Sideways at gemstategrotto dot org
Cave On ...